KAVASSU GROUT -EHS is composed on specially processed cements containing micro silica and additives. KAVASSU GROUT -EHSis supplied as a ready to use grout requiring addition of precise quantity of water at site @0.170 for pourable Consistency and 0.175 for flowable consistency. (4.25 Liters / 25kg grout). KAVASSU GROUT-EHS has excellent flow properties and will not shrink after placing and it is suitable for gap widths of between 15mm 65mm. Due to its selfleveling property, it is easily flows to reach the un reachable portion of the area for placing. It gives High early strength with pre plasticized action property.
Instruction For Use
Depending on the size of the bolt pockets, 50-100% cleaned 10mm baby aggregates by weight of grout consumption may be incorporated to economize on grout and also to keep the heat of hydration low. When the thickness exceeds 100mm 150mm, our technical department may be contacted for advice. There must be at least 15 hours gap between bolt pocket and under base plate grouting sequences.
Leak proof strong form work must be provided to withstand operational stresses while grouting and all edges must be sealed with KAVASSU GROUT -EHS troweling consistency to arrest the grout from flowing out of form work. The sealed edges must be strong enough to resist.
1. All contaminated surfaces must be cleaned thoroughly and all contaminations fully removed by chemical or mechanical methods.
2. All bolt pockets and under bases must be free from dust, laitance and of sound substrate. If needed, substrate must be hacked to provide extra mechanical key.
3. The pockets and under bases must be inundated with water to allow for full absorption for at least 24 hours. Just before the grouting is to commence, all water must be removed completely leaving the surface only damp.
Mechanical mixing using a grout mixer or concrete mixer is only recommended. No hand mixing is permitted.
1. Place 80% of the water required in a concrete mixer (100% water in case of a grout mixer).
2. Slowly add the required amount of KAVASSU GROUT -EHS while mixing continuously for 1 minute. Add balance quantity of water (20%) and mix for 3 to 5 min.max
The mixed grout must be placed immediately from one side only to avoid air pockets. Hydrostatic head of 150-250mm must be provided to enable the free flowing of grout under base plate. Grouting must be continuous until the cavity is completely filled to the desired level. All exposed areas must be restrained by covering with wooden plates or polythene sheets with sand sprinkled on top of the sheet.
12 hours after grouting, all grouted areas must be cured with wet Hessian cloth (keep wet always) or water ponding wherever possible for a minimum 7 days period. Cleaning: All equipment and tools must be rinsed with water immediately after use and then dried.
KAVASSU GROUT -EHS has a minimum shelf life of 6 months if stored in a dry enclosed area in unopened bags.
KAVASSU GROUT -EHS is non-hazardous. However inhalation of dust should be avoided while handling. In its wet state, if contact.
National Award Winner
What Clients Say
The Performance Of “SHALIMAR’S KAVASSU CRYSTALLOMIX-PG/PGS (CRYSTALLINE ADMIXTURE) in our Six Lane Of Davangree Haveri Road Project found Good With 12-13% More Strength.
Shalimar’s Kavassu Rainsta patch filler used in Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Ramagundam Road Project (HRK), SH-1 performed well and found very good.
Shalimar’s Kavassu Curex used in Construction of 4/6 Lanning of Pune –Satara Toll Road Project- Package-3 found excellent.
Shalimar’s Kavassu Plast SP-431(Admixture) Used in construction of Nehru Outer Ring Road Expressway,Hyderabad in the state of Andhra Pradesh,India found very good.